Tuesday, July 31, 2012

1 month mark & best week yet!

Hello! This is Haley... This post will be a little different.  I realized that on the introductions of each of Sister Hatfield's letters were addressed to family.  She had mentioned in her previous letters that she will let me know when there are things to post but she's super busy and hasn't done so.  So i'm taking charge and just going to sum up letters from now on until she specifically writes a post for the blog, just to update you with what's going on in her mission. 


-First - Sister Hatfield's title in her email was "The Best Week Yet"

-One of her and her companions investigators [Miranda] has agreed to be baptized! She will be baptized on August 25th! Sister Hatfield and her companion Sister Gardner are so excited! Sister Hatfield will even get to sing at this baptism! Something that I found really cool that she said was, "That experience alone would make my entire mission worth it"

-There are a lot of sisters in the ward she's serving in that are thinking about serving a mission themselves! They really look up to her and her companion for guidance in making this huge decision in their lives!

-Sister Hatfield really wanted us to know that any help that we can give to the missionaries serving in our area really helps.  Every. little. bit.

-Here's a direct quote from her letter : "Our branch President said this yesterday, "The Savior can only bless you to the extent that you are willing to bless yourself." Strive a little harder, to be a little better in your missionary work each day. You WILL be blessed for it and it will bring you some of the sweetest joy you will ever partake of. I love this gospel and I know that it is true. I am grateful for the experiences that I have had so far and for the ones that are to come. It's been a long and hard road that has brought me to this point in my life, but I am eternally grateful for those hard times that have prepared me for this work."

-Keep writing Sister Hatfield! She really enjoys hearing from all of you!

P.S.  To all you regular readers, please let me know if this is a OK way to update you while she's on her mission.  I'm not so sure about the format or if I should just paste the actual letters in here.  Any input is much appreciated :) Thanks, Haley Harrison


 

No comments:

Post a Comment