Monday, August 20, 2012

A week breakdown from Sister Hatfield!

Dear Family/Friends,

Holy cow!! This has been the fastest week of my life! We were SO busy! We taught 26 lessons this week, which is 6 more lessons than the goal for our mission. It was insane, but was such a good learning opportunity. I'll do a day-by-day recap of this last week just so you can all get a little taste of what my mission life is like. :)

Monday: PDAY!!!!! Laundry, emails, grocery shopping...We went on a hike as a Zone in the afternoon. It was a pretty easy trail, but was definitely a work-out. We ended up running back because we had an appointment to get to which was probably not the best idea...I couldn't walk normal for about two days. I also got huge blisters on both ankles, but it was so worth it! Our zone is so fun. We love to laugh and joke around so it makes for some really good times. :) I only had about 20 minutes to write letters. Unfortunately, I had 11 letters that I needed to respond to, but there was just no time. Sorry everyone! I'll try and respond to every letter I get, but there really is no time. Please don't be offended if I don't write you back. I still love you and would love to hear from you. :) After the hike we had 3 lessons than retired for the evening.

Tuesday: Work out, study, District Meeting, lunch, study, teach 4 lessons, try and find less-actives. Nothing too exciting.

Wednesday: EXCHANGES. Since there is another set of Sisters up here in FBX, we went on exchanges. I was with Sister Chan from Hong Kong. It was a crazy day, but was really fun. We got to teach one of her Chinese investigators which was a really neat experience. We taught 6 lessons that day!

Thursday: Work out, study, Training meeting (every Thurs we watch a live feed of the training meeting going on down in Anchorage. The whole mission watches and participates. We love technology!!), study, family history (each week we do one hour of family history or mormon.org), taught 2 lesson, and did some service. The service was really last minute and was very emotionally challenging. It was good for us though. It definitely made me grateful for everything I have and for the wonderful people I have in my life.

Friday: Study, weekly planning (3 hours of planning/setting goals for the next week), taught 4 lessons, took an investigator to a baptism going on in the stake. We always try to bring investigators to baptisms so that they can feel the Spirit and get excited about getting baptized for themselves.

Saturday: Study, Zone tract (2 hours of tracting for a companionship in the zone), interview with the AP's (assistant to the president...two elders assigned to help out our mission president), 5 lessons.

Sunday: Study, Church, 4 lessons. Sundays never go as planned, but they are always really good and very uplifting. 

Miranda is getting baptized this Friday night! We are all very excited for her and she is so ready to be an official member of the Church. I will take lots of pictures and will send them on next week's email!

The weather is starting to change here already. It's getting colder and starting to feel like Fall. I love it, but I'm not quite ready for winter yet. I have officially been in FBX for over a month now. Where has the time gone?? Next Monday will be my 2 month mark on my mission. I am loving every second and am having so many wonderful experiences. Please keep writing to me and thinking about/praying for me. I love all of you and hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love Always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment