Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Let there be snow!

Why hello there!

I'd like to announce that Petersburg is officially covered in snow! It's gorgeous and I forgot how much I absolutely love the sound of my feet crunching on the ground as I walk! SO fun :)

Well, this has been one adventurous week for the Sister Missionaries in Petersburg, Alaska! We didn't teach very much (this area is pretty slow), but we're going to work SUPER hard this week so that we can teach more.  However, we did so much service it's incredible. 

We went to visit Shannon (the true Alaskan woman who kills her own deer!) on Tuesday.  The second we pulled up, I opened the door and before I even got out she told us that she was skinning her deer.  I kid you not, I hopped out of the car so fast! So we watched her do that, then came back the next day to help her cut up the meat.  I'm telling you, I'm a true Alaskan now.  I've spent about 9 hours this week chopping up dead animal.  It's nuts! Okay, sorry.. that was graphic.  We also helped at Bingo, passed out shirts and visited people at the Great Alaskan Smokeout (to help alaskans quit smoking) helped wrap presents at a Primary Activity, and helped to pass out medals and keep times for a 5k run put on Parks&Rec.  It was a nuts-o week, but was a lot of fun and we learned a ton. :)

Oh, good news! We'll be staying in Petersburg for this next transfer (which ends on New Years Eve) WE're really excited and have a lot of fun singing events and firesides ahead of us.  President is actually sending us to another island to teach some sister's there.  We're going to Wrangell right after zone conference. (in Juneau_ the first week of December.  Should be fun! WE get to fly AND take the ferry (the only two ways to get anywhere in the SE)

Anywhoo.... all is well here and we're excited to start another week and a new transfer.  Oh, and it's Thanksgiving this week! We're already planning on at least two dinners with some members in the branch.  Should be fun! It will definately put me on track to gain the rest of the weight I need to meet the mission average goal...Haha! (FYI, the average weight that sisters gain is 30 pounds here in AK) Don't forget to "Gobble til you Wobble" (Hatfield family motto..) and thank Heavenly Father for all the beautiful blessings you receive each day! The Lord is in the details of our lives, but they are just so slight that we might not see them.  Keep your eyes open, and marvel at all the blessings you receive from our loving Heavenley FAther. 

Have a fabulous week and don't forget to say your prayers!

Love Always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment