Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas, 6 month mark, Wrangell, and transfers...

Well hey guys!

So this week has been absolutely nuts! I'm just going to do one of those really fun day by day synopsis of my week.  Cool? cool.

Monday: Christmas Eve! We spent most of the day caroling and Julebukking, then we ended our night with the always amazing Lister family! They gave us stockings full of yummy treats and fun little gifts.  We spent the whole night laughing and eating more candy and treats than we should have.  Dr. Lister is the dentist here in town [he gave us teeth cleanings my first week in town! so nice!], and he gave me 2 Dr Peppers... he is the BEST. :)

Tuesday: Christmas Day!!! Well we skyped our families, which was really fun it was so strange to feel like I was just sitting back at home with my family around the table just talking about our days.  I loved it, but it was kinda weird.  Surprisingly, it didn't distract me too much or pull me away from the work.  We spent the rest of the day driving around and delivering re-gifted treats to our investigators and friends in the community.  It was a really fun day full of Christmas Spirit! I love love loved it!

Wednesday:  We found out about an hour before we were supposed to leave for Wrangell that we were putting on our musical fireside that night.  We though that we were going to be doing it on Thursday or Friday.  So... we hurried and planned our fireside.  It went pretty well.  We focused the whole thing on the life of Christ.  We played Bible Videos that depicted different events in the life of the Savior from his birth to his death.  After the video we would sing a song.  It was really fun to put on, but could use a little tweaking before we do it again.

Thursday: We spent the day in Wrangell visiting some investigators and non-members.  When we got there no one was able to meet with at all last time we were there.  As we pulled into her driveway, I turned to Sister Ashbrook and said, "I think that nothing else worked out today because we need to meet with Michelle.  I'm excercising my faith!" And guess what guys?? When she answered the door she said, "I was just thinking about you guys and was hoping you'd be coming by sometime soon." It was a total miracle! We spent about an hour there just visited and talked about my favorite topic {to study and teach}, faith! It was a really good day.  It was also my 6 month mark.  Isn't that crazy?? It's hard to believe 1/3 of my mission is already over.  It's so sad to think that I'll be home by this time next year.  So weird, anways.  Oh, President called us on Thursday night and gave us our transfer calls... 3 days early! Sister Ashbrook is headed to Eagle River and I'm headed to Rabbit Creek ward in South Anchorage and will be serving with Sister Wuehler {wheeler}.  I'm really excited and looking forward to the new area.  I'm really going to miss PSG though.  I love it here!

Friday: The whole day was dedicated to Michell.  She is probably the funniest person in the SE of Alaska.  We spent the day doing her dishes and folding her laundry and just talking about the gospel.  It was really fun and she kept telling us how grateful she was that we were there.  Most days, I just really LOVE being a missionary and helping others "Come unto Christ".  It makes me really happy.

Saturday:  We flew back from Wrangell this morning {on the Tinkerbell Alaska Airlines jet.... the ride was magical} and have been saying goodbyes and packing the whole day.  It's amazing how much stuff one accumulates on their mission.  SO. MUCH. STUFF.

We're flying into Anchorage on Monday and transfer meeting is on Wednesday..  It should be a fun and excited adventure! Thank you all for the wonderful Christmas gifts and wishes.  It was all TOO much, but made me feel so loved, which is always nice :) I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are gearing up for the new year!

Love Always,
Sister Hatfield

p.s. WELCOME HOME TANNER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment