Friday, January 18, 2013

Ice Storms & Earthquakes

Hey guys!

Welp, it's sure been really interesting week here in ANC.  We've had some really crazy wind/ice/rain storms here which have caused a lot of fun times in our area.  Because there was so much ice in our area yesterday, we actually didn't go out of our apartment except to go to church.  I was roped into giving a talk, so we really didn't have a choice.  I also felt my second earthquake this week! It was so fun!!! Not too bad, don't worry mom! It was just a 4.1.  It certainly makes for some fun times though. 

Oh my gosh, guys! Guess what kind of car I drive? A Subaru. Ick... the only redeeming qualities about it are that it: A.  isn't an Outback and B. is REALLY good in snow/ice situations.  That is all on that subject.  Oh, it also smells REALLY good thanks to the scentsy air freshener I got for Christmas.  Thanks mom!

Because of all the crazy weather and storms this week and the fact that I got a really nasty cold which put me out for about a day {President made me hot apple cider and gave me some medicine.  So sweet of him!}, we've done quite a bit of service and played it a little low key this week.  I promise I really do "missionary work" aka teaching, we actually do it a! lot, it's just less exciting to email about sometimes.  We only have one investigator in this area {this area is slower than PSG, believe it or not}, and she's been out of town but we will start teaching her this week. 

This week we're doing exchanges with some sisters from Beach Lake in Eagle River about 40 min away.  AND... I'll be companions with Sister Ashbrook again! It's only for 2 days, but i'm excited.  We're in charge of training for the entire mission on Thursday, so we're spending Tues and Wed working on our training on working on an island in between.  Should be fun.

Well, I don't have much time left, but I just want you all to know that I am doing well.  I am very happy to be here in ANC and am feeling that I might be training next transfer, hopefully it will be the sweet Sister Hedelius from Manti, Ut.  We got to call her last night and talk to her about the mission and it was SO fun! Marissa, I can't wait to see you in 3 weeks! Keep saying those prayers, I think they're working! ;)

Have a great week, guys! Love ya'll!

Love always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment