Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Zone Conference, Recording, and Teaching...


Dear Family,
THIS WEEK WAS NUTS.  Ever since Miranda got baptized, we have started teaching 5 new investigators! 3 of them have since been put on date and 2 will be baptized before the end of the month!! We are very excited about them and their willingness to follow the Savior.  The work is going really well and we are grateful to have the opportunity to be their missionaries.  We are working really hard and have been really focused on putting their needs before our own.  My mission has taught me so much about loving people.  I love hearing about the lives of those I teach and about the spiritual experiences they have had.  It brings me so much joy to see their testimonies grow. 
 
On Sunday we had a wonderful testimony meeting. 4 of the members bore their testimony about something we had taught them in a lesson.  It was such a confirmation to me that I truly am inspired to say the things I say.  It's a really wonderfully strange thing to have the Holy Ghost work through you.  Sometimes I will leave a lesson with no recollection of what I said, but only a confirmation that the Holy Ghosst was felt by all in the room.
 
This past weekend we had Zone Conference! It was SO fun! We did about 6 hours of training between Friday & Saturday.  The AP's, President B, Sister B, the district leaders, and Sis G and I all gave different trainings.  It went really well and we learned a ton.  We also did some service and team building activities outised centered around Zion's Camp, which is something we have been focused on as a mission the last few months.  We pulled handcarts and played games, ate Reindeer stew for dinner, and had a testimony meeting around the campfire.  Our new Zone Leader asked me if I would sing a song with him and another Elder the night before ZC, and of course I agreed.  Elder Boyer played the Mandolin, Elder Meek played the Banjo, and I sang.  We sang a song I had never heard and only got to practice for 15 minutes before we performed.  The song is called, Be Thou My Vision.  It's a beautiful song and really brought the Spirit to our meeting.  I have a video that I will try and send.  After Zone Conference, Sister Beesley had us recored the song for our next mission CD.  I also recorded a version of God Be With You Till We Meet Again with a member of my branch.  It's been so fun to share my talents and see how it can be used for so much good.  After we finished recording the Beesley's took Sister G and I out to dinner.  We went to President's favorite restaurant... Denny's.  haha it was fun to be out with them and to get some one on one time.  They are both such amazing people.  They always know exactly what needs to be said in order fo us to learn the most.  They are both incredibly spiritual but have such awesome personalities.  We laugh a lot as a mission, which is important!
 
Anyway, all in all it was a wonderful week full of testimony building experiences and spiritual moments.  I love my mission, I love the gospel, I LOVE teaching the principles of the gospel to everyone we come in contact with.  I am learning so much about life, love and most importantly our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness for each of us. 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Keep reading your scriptures and praying DAILY.  Our testimonies are our strongest, most effective weapons against the adversary.  USE THEM.
 
Love Always,
Sister Hatfield
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment