Monday, February 4, 2013

February Already???

Dear family,

Don't get mad for the pink text.  1.  It's my favorite color.  2. It is almost Valentine's day. 3. Deal with it? haha just kiddin'

Okay, so this email is going to be totally scatter-brained, but I've had so much on my mind that I really want to / feel like I need to share. 

Transfer meeting will be next TUESDAY Feb 12 from 1-2:30.  I was asked to sing the new song that Sister Ashbrook and I wrote for the meeting.  If you would like to watch it, you are more than welcome! The website is:
WEBCAST & POLYCOM INFO
Note: It's important that oyu go to Website about 15 min early so the stream can stabilize. 
Website: http://stream.lds.org/503649-120706
Polycom 1 by phone: 866.423.1957 code 6036103#
Polycom 2 by phone: 877.936.6770 code 9506743#

It should be a really good transfer meeting, and you can see my bright, shining, possibly crying face.  The song is near and dear to my heart because I wrote it about my personal experience as a missionary.  Hope ya'll can tune in and enjoy :) Remember, this is 1-2:30 pm ALASKA TIME.  Please plan accordingly. 

Okay, now for my real email...

Things here in Rabbit Creek are going really well.  We are working a  lot with Audrey, the cute 17 year old.  She's still just trying to learn and understand since she has zero religious background.  She offered the closing prayer after our lesson last night, and it was great! We also are working with a LA woman in the bush branch.  She is a convert of just over a year, but hasn't been calling into our church.  She is absolutely wonderful! We got to teach her a lesson via Skype { I love technology } and it went really well.  She called into church yesterday for the first time since she moved to AK.  We are so proud.  We get transfer calls on Thursday or Friday, so next time you hear from me, I might be headed somewhere new. 

So, we ate dinner the other night with some of the SEnior Missionary Couples and I had asked all of them what they loved most about their missions.  They answered then turned to us and asked us the same question.  {I should have expected that, but I diudn't} after a minute or two of pondering I finally came up with my answer.  What I love most about my mission so far is... everything.  The good, the bad, the happy, the devastating...all that good stuff.  But what I love most is the change that I see the gospel make in the l.ives of those that I teach.  I've stayed in contact with a few of my converts.  And I absolutely LOVE hearing how they are doing and how their testimonies are growing. TJ, from FBX, has been blessing and passing the sacrament AND has been to the temple to do family names in the baptistry.  Rachel is sharing the gospel with her family and is attending singles ward while she awaits hearing back from BYU and BYU*I.  I cannot tell you how much love I feel for the people of Alaska.  I those quiet confirmations that htis is where I need to be, and that these are the people I need in my life the most right now.  As I reflect on these feelings, I can only imagine how our Heavenly Father and the Savior view us.  They feel these same things for us on a much broader spectrum.  How amazing is that??

I just want you all to knwo how much I love my mission.  IT has truly been the greatest decision I have ever made and I have not regretted it for one second.  I love this gospel, I love the savior, and I love my Heavenly Father.  I know that where I am right now, is where I'm needed most.  Where I will be tomorrow, will be where I need to be tomorrow.  There is nothing greater than that. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment