Monday, February 4, 2013

God is great, the work is good, and Alaskans are crazy!

Happy Monday to you all!

Well this week was really good.  We ended up teaching quite a few lessons, which made me feel "normal" again.  I've really come to realize how much I really love teaching, and when I don't do it as often I seem to forget how much I love it. 

On Monday, we taught a less-active, Ron, in our ward.  He was really pleasant to talk to and we had a really good time getting to know him.  When we asked if we could share a spiritual thought with him he said, "Sure.  But let me warn you, I do not have a testimony, nor do I have any desire to come back to church." Let me just say, it completely broke my heart.  As I shared one of my favorite scriptures with him, Helaman 5:12, I could literally see him fighting against the Spirit.  It was one of the saddest moments of my mission so far.  It always hurts me to see people deny something that I love so much, and that at one point they loved too.  It made me very grateful for the testimony that I have and for the opportunity I have to teach others about this Gospel.  Hopefully one day Ron can find that desire to come to church again.  Until then, we will keep visiting him and loving him, because really that's all we can do. 

Did I tell ya'll that we picked up a new investigator?? Her name is Audrey.  She is 17 and is dating a member in our ward.  He is getting ready to turn in his mission papers, so we've been teaching him and his family the lessons to help him prepare.  He invited Audrey to our second and third lesson and she really liked them! I really wanted to keep teaching her, so I said a prayer {silently, in my heart, since we were in the middle of the lesson} and asked Heavenly Father what we could do so that we could keep teaching her.  I received my answer instantly! I remembered that she never heard the first lesson, so I asked her if she would like to hear it since we never had the opportunity before.  She said that she would love it, so we're going back to teach her tonight.  I'm so excited! She's such a smart, sweet girla nd seems to really have a desire to learn more.  Hopefully she will continue in taking the lessons and will progress well. 

We've been doing a lot of service for Sister Beesley around the mission home and in the office.  We're preparing for all the new missionaries who are coming out  in 2 weeks, and there is a LOT to be done. I don't know how Sister B ever gets things done, there's just so much to do.  Thankfully, she has us and the assistants help her out :) we've taught the assistants how to vacuum, wash dishes, and properly roll blankets, so they can take care of those things while the women work! ;) it's good fun!

This coming up week we have a lot of stuff going on~ The most 'fun' thing that's coming up is our "Sister's training" aka sleepover!!!! One of the sisters is leaving the mission 6 days earlier than the others, so we're throwing her a surprise goodbye party! We're also going to be doing training and going over some issues happening with the sisters, but i'm mostly looking forward to watching "Errand of Angels" and having President make us pancakes in the morning.  What more could a sister ask for?? :)


Hope ya'll have a great week!

Love always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment