Tuesday, February 19, 2013

So one time 2 sister missionaries walked into a bar...

True story guys.. Sis Wuehler and I accidently walked into a bar last monday night trying to find the restaurant we were meeting some members at.  Let me just tell you - it was embarrassing... and hilarious! We laughed forever.  Even President thought it was funny. :)

Well, we've had some really fun, exciting things happen this week.  Here is my bullet point list of most of them!

  • Transfer calls cam! Sister Wuehler is headed to my old home, Fairbanks YSA ward- lucky girl! I was called to train a brand new missionary {won't find out until tomorrow morning!} here in the Rabbit Creek Ward/ Anchorage Bush Branch.  I'm really excited and a little nervous! Being a trainer is a pretty big responsibility but i'm up for the new challenge :)
  • The other night at dinner, the members told us that their son was out of town so he wouldn't be joining us.  We asked why, and Sis Ames told us that he gets really nervous to be around us, because he feels guilty having a crush on a Sister missionary!!! hahahha! We got a good laugh out of that. 
  • I got to participate/sing at a fireside that the sisters in Eagle River put on last night.  It was all about the Love of God.  It was INCREDIBLE! It was a musical fireside, and the spirit was SO strong.  I cried through the entire program because the music was just so beautiful.  Thankfully,. I made it through my own numbe with lots of help from my best friend smiling at me in the audience.  Bless his heart! I couldn't have dne it without him.  I also had some other elders making faces at me so that I would laugh.  Elders can be so awesome sometimes!
  • We taught a lesson to an investigator in the bush branch yesterday! He;s actually in ANC for a couple of days because of conference, so we got to meet and start teaching him.  He actually grew up in Gilbert on Houston and Lindsey, which is the exact same neighborhood I did! He really wants to get baptized, so we're working towards that.  He has some challenges but we are all working really hard to help him overcome them. 
  • I got a really REALLY bad cold this week which has been really annoying.  Not that any of you really cared to know that, I just wanted an outlet to complain. ;)
  • We have some really promising things happening in the area that will hopefully lead to more teaching opportunites, so that's exciting.
  • Elder Christensen of the Seventy came and gave a fireside for all the missionaries, ward mission leaders/missionaries and bishops.  It was all about missionary work.  He said that with the announcement from Oct lowering the age for missionaries, that the number of missionaries to be about 120,000 by april! When I cam out it was only about 50,000. Crazy huh??
Well transfer is tomorrow.  I have a meeting all morning with Transfer meeting starting at 1.  Hopefully ya'll can tune in and hear my brand new hit single "Time" Still not sure if that's the title yet, but we're going with it for now.  I hope you all have a wonderful week and a very Happy Valentine's day! I love love love love you all, but I love the Savior more, so I'm here in AK doing His work.  Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, and write me a hand-written letter...you know you want to !

Love always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment