Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Craziest "No-stress" Week EVER {7/01/13}

Dear family,

Holy crap this week was nuts.  Lots of good things happened, but also some really unexpected things.  So... here goes. 

1.  I got to proselyte and be a missionary about 55% of the week, which was AMAZING.  I missed teaching so much.  Also, I'm a total extrovert, so when I'm not around a lot of people I start to get sad.  Anyways...

2  Kylie is getting baptized this week!!!! I'm so excited and happy for her.  She's progressed so well - everyone in the ward thought she was already a member! :) I've been so blessed to have been able to teach her and help her to learn more about herself and to help her find peace and hope in this crazy crazy world we live in. 

3. I was on 3 different exchanges this week with 4 different companions.  I ended up staying with Sister Bullen in the Campbell Park ward (in North Anc) yesterday and it was really fun.  Here's the best part...So, I had another random person I've met on my mission get stuck in my thought quite a bit the last 2 weeks - Kat Boykin.  She was baptized in March and was taught by the APs (my best friends, who were in my district) so I'd heard a lot about her! I instantly LOVED her the second I met her.  I heard a couple of weeks ago from her good friend that she was moving back down south because she lost her job, which broke my heart.  So yesterday, when I walked into the Campbell Park ward, I saw her sitting on the stand and instantly got really excited! I went up and talked to her for about 10 minutes before Sacrament meeting started and we had such a good conversation.  I told her that she HAS to come back up to AK so that she can go through the temple here.  She thought about it for a second then said, "You're SO right! This is my temple! I can't go through anywhere else!!!" It was adorable.  It was so good to talk to her.  {VAUGHN- she says that she LOVES your music and that she LOVE LOVE LOVED our song together.  She also said when I get home we need to be serious about our music and recording stuff together :) I told her you said no! Oh, she also said that I'm supposed to give you and Alex realllllyyyyy big hugs for her when I get home, so be ready for that you two!} Basically this was just one of those experiences where I KNEW  without a doubt that Heavenly Father is SO aware of ALL of his children and that HE is in the details of our lives.

4.  I'm getting transferred.... President called this morning and asked me if I would go and help out some sisters in the Campbell Park Ward who are kind of struggling.  So, of course I said yes, but I am quite sad to leave Cook Inlet and Sister Grayson and Sister Hallmark.   All things are for a reason though, so I know this is what needs to happen for these next few weeks. 

5.  I've been out for a year... that's weird.  I've changed a LOT in the last year and looking back, I feel like I am not even close to being the same person I was before my mission.  And that's a good thing! I'm grateful for the opportunity to have served and I've already seen SOOOOO many blessing from serving that I can't imagine what other amazing things are going to come.  I can't wait to keep working hard these last 4.5 months :)

There are a LOT more things I can write about, but I'm running out of time.. like always, I love you ALL and hope everything is great wherever you are.  Just remember, you are LOVED SO much by the most High Being in the UNIVERSE!!! Is there anything better than that????? Nope :) There's not. 

Love always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment