Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"I Wear My Sunglasses At Night" {6/10/13}

Dear Fam,

True story... I wear my sunglasses at night... Last night we were at the mission home until about 11, and when we left to drive home we had to wear our sunglasses.  Only in Alaska!! :)

Last pday we went on a long bike ride with most of the elders in our zone.  It was SUPER fun. :) we took the "coastal trail" at a park so we had an ocean view the entire time.  Oh, and there was a moose... on the trail... right next to us.  A BULL moose.  It was intense. Haha we went about 5 miles and it was a blast.  Today we're just getting ready for transfers tomorrow and gonna try and soak up some sun :) 70s is TOTAL heat wave.  I've been sweating like crazy! I forgot how to dress for summer weather. It's throwing me off.  Haha isn't that sad?!?!?

Our week was really interesting.  We went on exchanges last week and I was working up in N. Anc.  I used to teach a gator up there (Stacey the pentacostal) but I couldn't remember where she lives, well at least how to get there.  I kept feeling all week that I needed to see her, but I had no way to contact her, so I just prayed and told Sis Burbank (my temp comp for the exchange) that I really wanted to try and find her apt building if we could.  She said if we found it that we could stop by.  Then, we were in the middle of teaching a lesson to their gator Sharon, and there was a knock on her door.  Sharon said that it was her cousin and that she'd get rid of her.  When I looked up to see her cousin, I saw Stacey!!!!! I jumped out of the couch and ran and hugged her.  Stacey said, "Oh it's my baby girl!!!!!!!!".  It was very exciting moment and one that I will never forget.  It's amazing how much Heavenly Father is aware of all of His children and helps them.  Stacey got married this week and Pres gave us permission to go to the reception.  When we got there Stacey hopped right up from her dinner and took my hand and introduced me to her entire family! It was such an amazing experience.  :) I miss her and really hope one day she will accept the gospel in her life. 

We are still teaching Kylie and she is doing SO good.  Progressing really well and quickly-it definitely helps that her mom is a member.  I love her so much and we always have such a good time in our lessons.  She learns so quickly, I'm always just so impressed by her. 

Siva got baptized this week! She ended up getting baptized on Friday instead of Saturday, which threw us for a bit of a loop, but it all worked out.  Her good friend, Donald (recently  returning member we've been working with) baptized her.  It was such an amazing experience that I was so grateful to be a part of :) Sister G and I sang our song, Thou Art My Sunshine and it really brought in the Spirit.  It was a really wonderful day.

Things are really starting to pick up pace here in YSA which is fun! I love being busy and having lots of appointments and people to teach :)

So.... transfer news... Sister G and I are both staying in YSA and will be training a new sister! We don't know yet, but we're excited.  Sister Beesley and I were talking yesterday and she said that the Lord wants me to have this next transfer to rest and to heal (they also consulted with some docs, not just the Lord) before I am needed to do something else :) so that's what's happening here. 

Music: I don't know if I've ever said anything about what we do with all our recorded music! In our mission we have AAM cds.  So any and all missionaries who would like to write music or sing hymns or whatever can do it and they compile them all onto CDS for us to encourage missionaries to listen to approved music.  We recorded 3 or 4 songs last week.  As soon as I get some time, I'll make a CD of all the stuff I've recorded (I think I'm up to 15 songs?) I'll send it to you if you'd like :)

Well, that's about all that's new here! I'm excited to start this transfer and am trying really hard not to think about the fact that it's my 1 year mark this month.  Where the heck does all the time go?? Keep being the wonderful family and friends that you are.  Have a great week ya'll!!!!

Love always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment