Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fabulous.... {7/08/13}

Dear Family,

What a crazy week.  I was sick... again? Still? (I don't know which is better to say.  Both are true... )

So here's what went down:

1.  I got transferred to N Anc in the Campbell Park Ward with Sister Hewitt and Sister Bullen, It's been kinda weird adjustment, but it's been good.  We put Dean, our gator, on date to be baptized on the 20th of this month! Woooohoooo! He's so excited and just ready.

2.  I got another priesthood blessing from Elder Van Bibber on Monday.  This was my 3rd and was great.  He told me that it was the strongest he's even felt the Spirit while giving a blessing.  Cool huh? Sometimes, I think that the blessings I get are more for the people who give them that they are for me.  Which is awesome! :) I have been blessed to receive quite a few blessings on my mission and I am SO grateful to be surrounded by so many wonderful, worthy Priesthood holders.  I love my life.  Although, I do miss getting blessings from my dad :)

3.  KYLIE GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!! I swear, the baptisms get more and more exciting every time I have one.  The Spirit was SOOOOOO strong throughout the entire service and especially when she bore her testimony.  She was so ready and prepared for the gospel, more than almost anyone else I've seen or taught on my mission so far.  Heavenly Father really does prepare His children to hear and accept His gospel. I cried during her entire baptism, especially when she did our sign-language inside joke while bearing her testimony.  It touched my heart so much.  I just love her.  I KNOW she is going to do great things.  Probably even serve a mission ;)

4.  I was super sick on the 4th so we stayed inside pretty much all day.  We did make it to 1 BBQ for dinner.  I didn't eat much, but it sure was nice to get out and see people.  I love talking to people and just getting to know them.  IT makes my day :)

So this last week I've been thinking a lot about how much my mission has changed me.  Sometimes I worry that I'm exactly the same as I was a year ago, and that scared the freaking crap out of me.  But then, I think about all the things I've been through, all the people I've met, all the scary experiences I've had , and all the things that I love about doing what I do... and then I think... there is no WAY, I'm the same person I used to be.  I think differently, I see the world and people differently, I see myself in a VERY different light, and I have a much more positive view of this life and the future ahead of me.  I have focus.  I have direction.  And ALL of this has come from the gospel.  From learning to rely on Heavenly Father and on the atonement of the SAvior.  I couldn't do any of this without either of them.  So I am changed.  And it has all been for the better. 

Here is one of my favorite mission quotes, "The most important thing, is to keep the most important thing, is to keep the most important thing, the most important thing".  Remember that.  Live by it.  It's true.  Keep the gospel the most important thing in your life and you WILL be blessed. :)

Love always,
Sister Hatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment